A New Year.....a fresh start.

My goodness, how time flies. I finished out the last few months of 2010 being more busy than I imagined I would, but it was all good.

I hooked up with my friend Kari from KLS Reflections and participated in a few holiday markets where I enjoyed meeting some new fellow crafters and admiring their wares, discussing business, marketing, blogs and websites as well as making plans for the holiday season of 2011. I was nervous going into it having only taken part in one other business fair last summer, but I really enjoyed hanging out with the other ladies involved and chatting about handmade goodness.

Something about the end of one year and the beginning of a brand new one make us reflect on what has transpired and what we would like to change. A new year is like a clean slate. A fresh start. A chance to experiment with new ideas and make any adjustments you see fit.


  • Looking back on lemonade sun over the last year, I can think of a few things I would like to adjust:
  • I would like to blog more regularly.
  • I would like to take part in more bazaars, craft fairs and holiday markets.
  • I would like to develop my brand a little more specifically. (Maybe not have such a wide variety of items in the shop...maybe I'll create another shop....hmm)
  • I would like to work ahead and release items on a more timely basis.
  • I would like to streamline my studio space to make working more productive and less like juggling.
  • I would like to launch a website for the business.
  • I would like to establish Longjohn's Paperie as it's own entity.
I know. It looks like a big list of changes to me too, but I'm putting a plan into motion that I'm hoping will help me take little bites out of this huge list at a time so it's manageable and I don't lose heart because I feel overwhelmed (which I have done in the past). It's going to take a LOT of work, but it's like one of my favorite quotes says:
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -Thomas Edison
Now, some of you might remember that I told you all about the online magazine, ReadySetCreate, wanting to feature some of my stamps in their Dec/Jan issue. Well, I was so busy that I missed the mail out date for sending my stamps in time for them to create their items for that particular issue, but they asked if I would be interested in sending some for their Feb/Mar issue. No problem! I packed up some of my cute little valentine themed stamps and a couple new designs for them to choose from.

One of the design team members got my "Dapper Daydream" guy and immediately asked if he had a female companion stamp. I told her not to worry. He would soon! After a few quick sketches, I was thrilled with this little lady and called her "Lovely Daydream" (I had to use a different carving material as my normal white sort had been all used up) :
I can't wait to see what they do with my stamps. I will be sure to post a link to the issue here so you can check it out if you are interested. Each issue costs $4 and is jammed full of creative ideas and layouts.

No comments