Ready, Set, Create!

Hi there! Well, things have been hopping in the shop lately. I think I've had my busiest month since I opened shop on Etsy a year and a half ago! Whew! I have enjoyed working with some lovely new customers on several custom stamps like these:

two stamps for astorastilbe on Etsy 

 
I loved carving this lovely teacup design drawn by Anna Taylor and creating this custom stamp made for her sister Ellie who weaves beautiful pine needle baskets and wanted something to use for tags so she could sell them.

I also had my first ever request for a t-shirt graphic! Eek! Miss Beth (soon to be a Mrs.) asked me if she could use my pbj forever stamp as a logo to put on t-shirts to use as wedding favors for her guests. After quite a learning curve and lots of adjustments, I was able to create the graphic for her.

Here's how it turned out:
I am super excited to see how the finished shirts turn out! She's planning on printing the ladies shirts on pink and the mens on light brown. {ahhh perfection} Beth says she will send me a picture of them so I can see and I'll be sure to share it with all of you! Hmmm.....that got me thinking about whether or not to make shirts and sell them in my Etsy shop. I have a friend, (hi Curt!) who owns Newell Ink, a local screen printing business who could make them for me if I so desired. I think I need to think about it a little more before jumping into it, but that could very well be something you might find in the shop someday. What do you think about that?


The most exciting thing that's happened this month is when I found this convo in my Etsy mailbox yesterday:
{I copied it right from my mailbox for you to read with your own eyes :) }

by JenniferRSC profile shop contact


Ready-Set-Create
For the Creative Spirit in YOU!
949 South Avenue B, Yuma, AZ 85364

Hello! I am Jennifer Bliss, a Creative Team Sponsor Coordinator for Ready-Set-Create online magazine. 2011 marks our 8th year of publication and we would love to have our Creative Team design using your products! Please let me know if it's something you would be interested in. I am providing links to a sample issue for you to look through! RSC has been around for 8 years and we take pride on presenting the top products to paper crafters, stampers, digital scrappers and fiberartists. We have 15 Creative Team members for our paper team and another 10 for our digital team, but we are very appreciative of any level of contribution - whether it be one item or 15. We are currently looking for companies to spotlight in our Dec 2010/Jan 2011 issue. Our deadline to receive products is September 5th, 2010 in order to be included in the next issue. Inclusion is based on quick reply because our slots fill up fast. If you are interested, contact me, or email Jen Blackwell (founder/publisher) at {her email here which I will not share...sorry} . Here are links to a sample issue:

here you go - enjoy!
{I removed the link because I don't know if I could legally post it. You know...creative copyright and all that....}

Jennifer Bliss
Creative Team Sponsor Coordinator
http://www.readysetcreate.com/

-- Jennifer
I've been in contact with her about it and she is excited to have my stamps featured. I will, of course, keep you all updated about the whole thing right here on the blog. {eeeeek! happy dance! happy dance!}

So how about it? Have any of you heard of Ready, Set, Create? I think I ran across a few issues while browsing for layout designs once or twice.

I'm excited for the opportunity to get lemonade sun productions out there! And to be in their CHRISTMAS crafting issue! Wahooo!!!! How cool is that?! I am expecting great things to come of this for my little business and I can't hardly wait to see what they will be.

So tell me.........what new products or stamp designs would YOU like to see in the shop???


No comments