Introducing longjohns paperie

Well, I'm a bit behind in posting. I've been busy creating cards for the newest addition to the shop: longjohn's paperie.

I've wanted to add a line of cards to the shop for quite some time now, but I didn't want them to be just like everyone else's cards. There are so many super talented paper-masters on Etsy that I worried my creations would slip into the norm and get lost in the mix. I had been looking for that one thing that would make my card line unique and memorable. After browsing through magazines, card shops and online searching for creative inspiration, I was struck by an interesting idea one day. I really liked the look of some tall and skinny cards I had seen in a stamping idea book. I'm sure you've seen them around. They fit inside a business (A10) sized envelope. I know I get tired of sending the usual run of the rack greeting card, so I'm always on the look out for new and different presentations for my sentiments. I put the tall, skinny card idea in my mental file and started thinking of clever ways to market them or a memorable name they could go by. My oldest son piped up in one of my audible self-brainstorming sessions (a.k.a. "mom's talking to herself again") and told me he thought I should call the cards longjohns. Hmph....longjohns. Longjanes? Longjohns?...........yeah. I liked it. Brilliant. It's like a long card for your John Hancock. Ha! Wonderful. Thanks, son.
There you have it. The birth of longjohns paperie. But that wasn't the end of it. Now I had to create a brand look. Something not like everyone else's. That's when I ran across the perfect long envelopes for the cards. What do you think?









Stay tuned for news about the upcoming Black Friday Weekend Deals!
I'll post info about that tomorrow.

For now, have a marvelous day and remember to shop handmade for the Holidays.

No comments