Ingenuity at work...

I ran across this video posted by rikrak during one of Etsy's virtual labs recently on packaging and was immediately drawn to the idea. The technique is called Furoshiki wrapping. Used for centuries in Japan, this wrapping technique had begun to fade with the post-war introduction of plastic shopping bags, but in recent years it has seen renewed interest as environmental protection became a concern. Furoshiki are most commonly used to wrap lunch boxes (or bento boxes) in and double as a placemat for the lunch. I know I could think of several different things I would use it to wrap. How about you? What a great way to use scraps of fabric left over from those sewing projects. Check out the videos I've posted below for examples of beautiful furoshiki wrapping.





No comments